DHEA Bodybuilding & Muscle Development
DHEA the acronym for Dehydroepiandrosterone is a steroid hormone which is naturally produced in the body and plays an important role in maintaining the health of humans.
It also influences and triggers other hormones to function appropriately.
Insufficient amounts of DHEA can result in malfunctioning of organs such as testes. Testosterone will not be produced in adequate amount in the male if there is a deficiency of DHEA.
DHEA is a good supplement for bodybuilding and facilitates muscle growth. It is a popular supplement which has been adopted by many athletes all over the world.
The DHEA percentage content in the body is abundant during our childhood and adolescent period but gradually falls as we grow older.
Studies have revealed that the production of DHEA hormone after the age of thirty declines and is found 75% lesser in people over the age of 70 than the age of 30s.
This hormone is produced naturally in the body and holds an important role as a bodybuilding supplement.
DHEA is a hormone produced mainly in the adrenal glands of the human body and aids the production of eighteen steroid hormones including testosterone and estrogen.
It is either produced naturally, within the human beings or artificially, in the laboratories. It cannot be supplemented through nutritious diets.
Hence, people who need to improve their overall health and build their body choose DHEA supplements.
- DHEA is also termed as anti-aging hormone or “mother of the entire family of hormones”. It is a building block crucial for the production of vital hormones in the body.
- The DHEA hormone also provides an entire gamut of other advantages to the human body.
- DHEA can control the diabetic condition of a person. It increases the sensitivity of body cells to insulin and controls its secretion.
- It burns the unwanted fat from the body, promotes bone growth and prevents obesity in a person.
- Anti-stress properties of DHEA help in reducing the stress levels and prevent depression in people.
- These hormones boost the immune system of a person and improve the resistance levels of the body against various diseases.
- DHEA is an effective anti-oxidant and also regulates main glands in the body like thyroid gland, pituitary glands and the thymus gland function.
- It reduces bad cholesterol in the body by flushing out saturated fat from the body. This hormone also reduces risks of heart disease in individuals.
- DHEA stimulates the production of growth hormones in human body.
- It improves the bone formation, libido and cerebral functions of a person.
- It has the tendency to improve mood levels by rapidly increasing the flow of brain serotonin ranges.
- DHEA has been proven to recharge the human body and provide means to lead a healthy and tension-free life.
Role of DHEA in Bodybuilding
DHEA assists the production of supplementary hormones within the body and has a dual effect on the physical structure of a person.
On one hand, it burns fat effectively while on the other hand, it aids muscle development and stimulates growth of bones.
This feature of DHEA encourages many body builders choose DHEA Supplements to increase the production of testosterone in the body.
Testosterone has been considered as a source of building lean muscles. Doses up to 100mg per day of DHEA Supplement for a year can improve the muscle power tremendously.
The immunity booster feature of DHEA is very helpful to athletes who run under rigorous schedules. The strenuous exercise and practice sessions can add pressure on the stress levels of a body.
DHEA supplements taken under the prescription of a medical practitioner can help in boosting immunity levels, stamina and maintain a healthy body.
DHEA as Bodybuilding SupplementThere are many DHEA Bodybuilding supplements which tend to work well with certain diet routine or program. DHEA is among the best supplements for the body building.
DHEA supplements work on reducing the cholesterol and lipid levels in the body. It also plays an important role in reducing body fat and stimulating the body growth.
Regular exercises also instigate the production of DHEA in the body.
Reducing the calorie intake can also help in the production of this hormone.
However the natural production of DHEA reduces with the increase in the age.
DHEA supplements work for the loss of the hormone.
Avoid Heavy DosageHeavy doses of DHEA should be avoided as it may cause significant damage to the body.
DHEA bodybuilding benefits have been used by many people over the last couple of years.
Other benefits of this hormone are also responsible for its popularity.
Other Advantages of DHEA SupplementsThere are many reported benefits for DHEA supplements but they should be used in very efficient and controlled manner.
Anti AgingOne of the significant benefits of DHEA is its ability to fight the aging symptoms in the body.
It effectively works with the various growth hormones present in the body to instigate more production of human growth hormones.
Mood SwingsIt also affects the mood changes in the aged people. DHEA helps eliminate these mood swings and give a sense of well being.
Brain HealthIt has the ability to maintain the health and function of the human brain. Courtesy to this feature it is effectively used for the treatment for many brain disorders.
The brain cells have the ability to hold a large amount of DHEA. Some doctors even predict that Alzheimer disease can also be cured by using DHEA but it has not been proven scientifically.
Lowers Risk of Heart DiseaseAnother advantage of DHEA supplements is that it lowers the risk of various heart diseases such as atherosclerosis.
Particularly the elder people who have greater risks of heart disease should consume DHEA as supplements.
It essentially removes the thick layer of fat deposits in the inner walls of the arteries.